Time Capsule



Some music transforms you back to a different time, a different place and makes you remember how you felt when you first got in to that particular track, artist or album.

I've been searching for a name in my mind of a band that I listened to during my first year of living in London and it finally clicked. The name I was looking for was Cardinal Jack.

This particular track of theirs makes me think of the smell of beer spilled on pavements in warm summer nights, the vortex of people at Camden Market and the dingy small clubs that I used to go to. Listening to this song makes me remember how new and fresh everything was and how I excited I was to be in this big city, where my music tastes suddenly were reflected in the pub jukeboxes of the watering holes we would hang it on after our lectures at the university were finished.


Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments :