Punctuality

Sometimes you don't want to see the signs. Sometimes you want to believe that everything is as it should be. But then something happens, significant or insignificant, that wakes you up and make you realise that everything is falling back into its usual place.

We all have different views on time and what is enough pre-warning or time in advance. But I'm pretty sure that in this case someone could have given me more warning. I had plans with a person, who didn't used to be that punctual. But who has really made an effort and changed. However, calling me 45 mins after the decided time and letting me know that there is too much work to be done and cancelling, is a whole different thing.
I know that it's a valid reason and I do get it. However what I don't understand is why this fact was not discovered earlier and why I wasn't pre-warned - say an hour before said time. I would like to think that's general decency and social conduct. Even a small text would have been fine.

It's just the fact that I prepared, got ready - rushed so I would be ready for the said time and waited for 45 mins expecting him to pop by. In his defence he did say that he might arrive one or two hours later dependent on the work load. But it is still good measurement to get in touch with me before the earliest said time to let me know that there's too much work to be done. I know that the workload didn't magically appear at the time that we were going to meet.
It's not something that I'll hold against him and he doesn't have to live up to my ideas of sensible pre-warnings and letting me know in time that he can't make it. It is all good, but at the same time it really isn't.

But the worst thing is that it reminds me of how it used to be. There's a lot of water under the bridge and the current is just picking up.




Share this:

CONVERSATION

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you still post here on blogger! I followed you on twitter as well!

Drizzle Kid said...

Thanks! I try and keep it regular and honest with my blog. Sometimes I catch myself out wanting to self-censor and I really try not to - even though I try really hard to protect the identity of the persons I speak about.
Btw, I reckon you're my most loyal reader!