Who is Drizzlekid? Why does she 'goes London'?

I guess since this is a brand new shiny blog I should kick it off with an introduction, it might be a bit boring to write, but I think that it'll help you (the readers) to put a lot of my anecdotes into a perspective.

I'm Swedish and live in Gothenburg, which is the second biggest city of Sweden (after the captial, Stockholm). This is the city where I'm born and raised, but it's under consideration if I should soon spread my wings and fly. I'd love to move to London, which is the city that holds a special place in my heart. Sometimes I feel, when waking up in the mornings, like I'm going to suffocate if I'd be forced to speak Swedish. In extension, that I can only fully express myself in English.

In Sweden one goes to school from the age of 6 or 7 until you are 18 or 19 (the age all depeneds on what time of the year you are born). This piles up to twelve years of education, where the last three years are with a certain direction. I went to a social studies programme, which ment I studied social studies, history, (language: Swedish & English for all of the 3 years and Italian and French for the first year as well), religion and philosophy and psychology to mention a few of my subjects. It's a general education that gives you the qualifications to search into almost any university of your pick (in Sweden).

I graduated after my twelve years in school, in June this year (2008). Some kids search for Uni straight away and go on with their studies at Uni the following autumn. I, however, did not feel like pushing myself into a 5 year Uni programme just for the sake of it.
I've chosen to get some work experience first, before heading for futher studies at Uni. Since I imagine that once graduated from Uni, to have previous work experience will give me an advantage when searching for a job.

The last term of school I worked at a record label, but when graduating from school I at the same time stoped working there. But I still miss the music, since I'm the kind of person who needs music to surive my day-to-day life. I have a night club, called London Gossip, which I run together with one of my friends. It keeps me engaged in the music scene, which I really need to be to feel alive.

At the moment I work full time job (8 to 5) at an advertising firm and part time job (5.30 to 9.30) at an event company. Since I'm currently working about 62 hours a week, I'm just spending my spare time with my friends and my boyfriend, just relaxing, hanging out and listening to music. I quite miss the days when I was in school, because I used to be a crazy clubkid and used to go to clubs about 3 times a week. On average I used to go to about 5 live gigs a week. (those where the days).
Now I might go out on Fridays or Saturdays (like normal people) and on average I'll go to about 2 live gigs a week.

As you might can tell music is a very big part of my life and my plans for the future is to get some sort of music management education at Uni and then head into the music industry. I still miss working on a record label like carzy. I miss the artist, the meetings and most of all I miss the demos and freshly printed cds and vinyls. I have a secret crush on demo bands, which create demos which have a lot of thought put into the tunes, lyrics and the appearance of the demo.

That should do for an intro, don't you think?

The song of the day: Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip - "Thou Shalt Always Kill"

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments :