Friendship Affair


Finding new friends is hard work.

Not only is it hard to get in touch with people and to truly start to get to know them, as persons. But there is also all the confusion about the whole boy-girl set up. I just want to create some good friendships, is that too grand to ask? The UK social codes definitely differ from the ones over in Sweden or maybe I am just having a hard time with it.

At this point I'd say that I've got two good friends or at least potentially good friends. However, I am a bit concerned since I feel like one of them is starting to drift away. It's just a sense of lack of commitment (one strike, awaiting the second and third strike). I can't really describe it in a better way. Maybe I'm just being my usual over-analyzing self. Maybe I shouldn't think about it too much?

What I have realize is that when a friendship is all new, fresh and shiny in the edges it's much harder to try and confront the person or tell them how you really feel. Moving away from your home country, you are stripped of the comfort of having your good friends around you at all times. Let me tell you, it's rather hard.

All you can really do; is throw yourself out there and hope there's someone who cares enough to catch you.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments :