Pedophile?


"Thou shalt not think that any male over the age of 30 that plays with a child that is not their own is a pedophile. Some people are just nice."
- Dan le Sac vs. Scroobias Pip
(from the song "Thou shalt always kill")

This brings me to think of two rather unusual situations that I have witnessed over the last month.

1.) I was on the tram on my way home from work and while the tram passed by a tram stop I looked out of the window and on the bench at the stop a man was sitting, waiting for an other tram, with a child in his lap. The man was quite long, muscular and wearing the kind of neon clothes that construction workers wear, nothing odd with that. However this was a man, who had a dark skin tone and the toddler in his lap had extremely white skin. I found this rather unusual and immediately started to question their relationship to one another. He could surely not be the toddlers father. So was he the step father? Was he a friend of the mother who had picked to toddler up from day care? The toddler who were sitting on the man´s lap was dozed off and looked like he was sleeping. The view of the two of them was rather odd.

2.) Yesterday at the tram stop, waiting for the tram. I saw a man with a baby in his arms and the pair of them looked extremely out of place. The baby was dressed in a pink thick jumpsuit and looked like it was only a few months old. The man was just wearing a shirt with jeans and trainers. What made me question the pair of them was the fact that he was carrying this baby in his arms not wearing clothes suited for being outdoors since it was rather windy. He had no stroller, no bag with nappies or all those things small babies need. Where were all those things? Where was he going with the baby? Since the baby was so small it was surely still being breast-fed. So where was the mother?

So if we look at these situations in perspective to the quote, what do you reckon? I'm still puzzled by the incidents and the fact that I can not find any answers to the questions that pop up my mind.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

2 comments :

Jim said...

That seems similar to city life anywhere! As you said last week, the freedoms, sights and sounds of the city...but what of the downsides, strange street people, unusual and unconventional behaviors and things we can't explain!
As a tourbus driver I'll see these kinds of things you mentioned and break from the narration and bring attention to them, sometimes passengers even take photos.
Recently I thought I saw an older man with a young girl in a headlock, startled I turned the bus with passengers around but as we got there we saw the man getting on a bus alone, my passengers said it wasn't what I thought, but still scary looking!
Here in LA we often see lighter european decended children baby sitted by darker latin americans.

BunnyWizard said...

My mom had a problem with that actually. She's native american and my dad is german, really light skin and blonde hair. I was born looking exactly like my father and nothing like my mother, so people often asked her if I was adopted. Once there was a lady filling in for the secretary at my elementary school and she wouldn't let my mom take me home until a teacher came and verified that she was my mother. As for the badly dressed man who lacked propper child handeling equipment, if I saw that I would probably guess it's just another case of a parent who should probably not be a parent. Sorry if that sounds harsh...