Hairy Calves


Since it's springtime, people let their clothes drop...
This is rather interesting, because the sudden 'heath wave' and sunshine make people proceed with rash decisions or does it?

Of course I am referring to people who wear shorts or short trousers showing off their hairy calves. I saw the first pair of hairy calves yesterday on my way home on the tram. The hairy calves belonged to a girl wearing shorts and football shoes. My theory when it comes to hairy calves consist of three key points.

Point 1:
Hairy calves at people (mainly girls) is something that mostly occurs at spring time when the sun has conquered the hair removal regime of many people. It's just too warm and sunny to wear long trousers but still one has not found the time to remove the hair.

Point 2:
Some girls find having hairy calves is a statement "I am not removing hair to fit into a stereotype of what I should look like!" However I have found that (no offense) the girls who think like this is often the more 'ugly' girls, the ones who don't wear pretty summer dresses or wear makeup. I would like to see a glamorous girl á la The Hills walking around in a stylish outfit and hairy claves.

Point 3:
Regarding boys I think the hairy claves subject is a bit reversed, since generally it is expected that they are going to have hairy legs. However I found that some over-trendy and over-stylish boys shave their calves. This as well as girls with hairy calves, can be a statment. The boy who shaves his calves for a statement probably is trying to say "I don't view being hairy as manly and hairy calves would really mess up my super stylish outfit!"

Share this:

CONVERSATION

2 comments :

BunnyWizard said...

*applauds*

Jim said...

I wish that I could applaud with BunnyWiz, but I'm guilty of the hairy calves too! Yeah it would be nice to be all clean shaven, but getting ready for work in the morning is already a bit much (lol you did a video about that but didn't mention the shaving)
Ok, us guys have it too easy, just the face, leave the underarms and legs, shower, throw on a hat and wear anything!