5 fresh, hot bands

I thought I should introduce you to some of my faourite bands, who all are in my mental genre of small&sweet (where I place good, small and unsigned bands). They are all from Sweden, so therefore I'm juts going to specific where in Sweden they are from.

The Bands


Powerblade - A duo from Gothenburg who's got a playful electro feel to their sound. They have formed their own genre (which has been accepted by the popular Swedish radio station P3). The name of the genre is neuro a combination of the word nintendo and the music genre euro. They discribe their sound as "two indie boys that grew up with too much video games & euro disco". Their lyrics is mostly about life in Gothenburg (as the song Clublife in GBG, GBG being a short for Gothenburg) and love that's not responded as the song Brand new start.
They have a myspace, as well as Alex from the band has his old soloproject and his new one.
Song top 3:
1. Clublife in GBG
2.Powerblade are on the go
3. Brand new start


The Bryte - A five piece band from Karlstad. They were formerly know as The Mellow Bright Band but changed their name to The Bryte right before their first appearance at MTV. They have released a self produced EP named "What ever became of anonymous Steve?". Currently they are recording their debut album and be sure it's going to a great one. They have a rock 'n' roll image but are really just sweet as teddy bears (I speak from experience since they played at the opening night of my nightclub London Gossip). They have a myspace as well as a website.
Song top 3:
1.What they used to say
2. Jonathan
3. Circus and its clowns


Minute Gun - A duo from Malmö. They often introduce themselves as Malmö´s finest and have a cocky swagger to everything they do. However they are so charming they could convince me that they were the greatest band alive, if they'd want to. They have an electropop borderline mainstream sound, which I believe creates a great diversity to their sound. Crank up the volume and you have yourself some good songs to dance to. (I have played them on parties and in nightclubs and they are splendid.) They have a myspace as well as a website.
Song top 3:
1. Honey hurts me
2. Demon lover
3. Losing modern walking remix


The Loyal - A band from Helsingborg, who´s got a lay back rock/synth sound and do a bit more heart felt songs. They are quite low key but the songs are still just as brilliant. I makes you think about a grassy hill and a starlit sky. They have a myspace.
Song top 3:
1. Save/Kill
2. Struggle
3.Mystery


The Dying Dandies
- A quintet from Gothenburg, with a dynamic rock/pop sound. They are very well put together and may come across as a bit plain. But they are a marvelous band for live performances and their singer has a voice that I really like. They are the kind of band that have to grow on you a bit. As all the other bands they have a myspace.
Song top 3:
1. Happiness scares me
2. What a lovely night
3. Yes still

So I suggest that you go and check those bands out. I thoroughly like them all and they are all bands that I've been listening to for a longer period of time. I hope you find something that suits your music taste.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

5 comments :

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Ooh, loving the power blade stuff. Nice. I think I might be biased because I'm a gamer though.
[www.tuneremedy.com]

Drizzle Kid said...

Yes, their my friends actually, but one of the most awesome bands. I'm glad you like them

ChrisRevolous said...

I have to say, I listened to a majority of those bands that you talked about, and they're fantastic! I really do like the Power Blade band :D

Do you have any favourite songs from Kent?

Drizzle Kid said...

Do I? I got loads of favourite songs by Kent. I'll might make an entry about that at some point. I'm glad to hear that you liked the bands.