The IT guys

As I might have mentioned before, I currently work at an advertising firm and one of my biggest tasks is that I am managing a website, that is going to be built (hopefully sometime in the foreseeable future).

So in the last 4 months I have been in numerous meetings with IT guys, trying to find someone who can work the programme I am working with and who can create a website that meets my, the company I am working at and the client´s demands. I am now in meetings with the third IT guy who is trying to work this out and hopefully it will work out this time.

What I have realized is that I have met three IT guys independent of each other, from three different IT firms. These three IT guys definitely have influenced my opinion of IT guys in general. When someone speaks about a IT guy I will think of a mix of the three IT guys that I have met in numerous meetings.

When someone says IT guy I will think of:
A man in the ages between 22 and 28, he has a good sense of style. He can often be seen in skinny jeans (skinny but not too skinny) he wears smart jackets, well ironed shirts with a casual cardigan over. He always wear fashionable shoes, preferably in leather and he smells discretely of cologne. He has a well-kept hairstyle and if he has facial hair this is extremely well-kept too. He will chit-chat about the cool clubs and the new hot band/artists when we drink coffee and he will always request dark strong black coffee. He is also polite, sociable and has a good sense of humour.

Do I have a distorted vision of what IT guys really are like?

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments :