Personal Space

I've been running around town like a powered up Packman, since I have a million things I need to buy&fix before Florence and London. This running around town have made me realize something I've thought of before, the act of queuing.

Queues are often organized things were people stand in a line and wait to get to the ATM or the cashier. Nothing odd with that. However, there are a specific type of people that while they stand in line they stand abnormally close to the person in front of them. What are their deal?

Do they think that they will get to the ATM/cashier faster if they stand 2 inches behind the person in front of them? Is it a tactic strategy to psyche out the person in front of them and get that person to leave the queue?
The only thing this results in (if this sort of person stands behind me in a queue) is to get me aggravated. Clearly you will not get to the front of the queue any quicker if you stand ridiculously close to the person in front of you, so why do these people do this? Do these people not know the boundaries of personal space?

After being in about 7 different queues yesterday and finding myself in front of people who do not get personal space in every single queue I finally had enough and this happened:

I stand in line and the man behind me in the queue is so close behind me that I can feel his breathe down my neck (not nice). I move my feet around, as to say I have been queuing for a long time and my feet are tired. So I take half a step back and step on his feet and leg.
The man: What are you doing?
Me: I just took a small step back, my feet are tired and I felt the need to move them a bit.
The Man: What? Why did you move back? (a bit hysteric at this point and definitely feeling the pain from me trampling him down)
Me: I just took half a step back, I DID NOT REALIZE THAT YOU WERE STANDING SO DAMN CLOSE TO ME.

People in queues, realize personal space or you will be trampled down.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comments :

The 212 said...

People are really annoying sometimes. He was probably some sicko. Just put on your music, and tune him out next time - while holding mace in the other hand :)

dion
http://amp3pr.com