Confession


A few years back I was going through a bit of a rough patch. Feeling low and having no self-preservation really tires out your friends and family after a while. The thing is that everyone thinks that they are going to hold up but let's be frank - time wears everyone down.
The people around you will inevitably want to quit being on hold and start giving their own lives full attention when weeks turn into months and months pass over the 1 year mark. Even though, they won't spell it out, you can sense it in the air. I remember one of my best friends saying "We are all holding our breath and waiting for you to feel better!"

I don't even blame them, because in the end the one who made the bed must lay in it. Maybe, you think this is a bit harsh? However, when it boils down to picking yourself up and mending the broken pieces - deep down no one but you can do that job, sweetheart.

Therefore, from one person who's been at the bottom of the ice to another. It takes one to know one. So, in these situations you get good at lying and I mean real good. Because, in the end you love your family and your friends and them worrying about you will only make you feel worse.

I agree that looking back at it, the logic seems twisted but I can only retell the story. My point is that in my darkest moments, I'd tell everyone I loved that everything was fine and they'd all believe me. So just keep an eye on the people you love, because in twisted logic words "If you don't find out for yourself, you don't care enough".

You should only see the skeletons in my closet.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comments :

Anonymous said...

Your words give me inspiration Sanna.