Before The Big Move

The Big Move is getting closer (the move to London in autumn if someone has missed that) and it leaves me with mixed emotions. Every fiber of my being misses London, until it feels like my heart is about to break. But at the same time my hometown, Gothenburg has always been my first love. I feel like I want to make the most of my time left and spend the majority of it with my friends. However, it seems like I spend every moment that I'm awake at work (the more money I save up, the easier it will be after The Big Move).

What confuses me is the divide amongst my friends. Some are making the most of my time left in Gothenburg and are already planning their trips to London, to come and visit me. However, others seem to want to give up and cut me off just because I will be moving soon.
I find the latter behaviour rather sad, it makes me think "Fine! Be that way"
One of the reasons why I like the thought of The Big Move is that I know that my true friends are going to stick by me and the ones that don't - they don't matter to me anymore.

Knowing that I will lose some of my friends is a rather sad fact to be aware of. But I guess that is just the way it is...
Until that defining moment occurs, all I can do is to go out and enjoy myself (like I will tonight, party!) and listen to some good tunes, like this one.

Daddy, I'm so sorry. We just like to party!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments :