The wolf whistle


As girls may know, every once in a while when walking past a construction site or even just a stranger on the street - one will get some kind of whistle/attention/comment.
Let me just start by saying that this normally doesn't happen to me, when I say that I mean at all
But the last few weeks there have been some incidents:

Incident 1:
Walking out of the estate that I live on (for those of you who don't know what an estate is click here), going to my friends engagement party I cross paths with a guy. This conversation follows:

Him: Hello gorgeous, where are you going?
Me: (Still walking, talking over my shoulder) To an engagement party.
Him: I hope it's not your engagement party!
Me: No, it my friends.
Him: I'll see you around
Me: (Keep walking towards the bus stop)


Incident 2:
In Tesco, getting my lunch - walking towards the cashiers tills

Him: Hello, how are you doing? (Sheepish smile)
Me: (Looks confused and keeps on walking)

Incident 3:
This morning, walking out from my estate when a guy on a bike passes me (not the same guy as incident 1)

Him: Good Morning Beautiful! (keeps biking past me)
Me: (Smiles quietly and keep on walking towards the bus stop)


So the question is, why does this suddenly happen now? Yet never happened before? I credit a new pair of high heeled boots that I like wearing and possible the fact that I've gotten slightly addicted to my curling iron.
The other big question is which approach to these types of situations is the best on to have? Incident 1, 2
or 3?

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments :