Apathy Spells


Apathy - according to all ours source Wikipedia: Apathy (also called impassivity or perfunctoriness) is a state of indifference, or the suppression of emotions such as concern, excitement, motivation and passion.


I will go through these periods, normally just a few days or a week. Where I completely lack motivation, motivation to do anything at all. I normally just lay in bed, watch bad television and basically waste my time.

I had them in college
I would call in sick, lay in bed and do nothing. Listen to sad music and possibly cry - I accredit this to being a teenager and hormones

I had them when I worked, after college
I worked 72 hours a week for about 7 months, then I completely became apathetic and slept pretty much continuously for a month. I accredit this to being worn down and due to some side-effects of a medication I was taking at the time

I had them during university
I would not go to lectures for a week, just sleep and watch bad television in my PJs - I accredit this to the stress of preforming as well as just general student beaviour

I will have them presently
I will have these periods where I just get sick of trying to find and job, the impending doom of the market. I feel like just staying under my covers in bed, so I do for a few days - I accredit this to the stress of being unemployed and the constant temping.

Apathy spells anyone?

Share this:

CONVERSATION

2 comments :

Raggy Paints said...

Not a spell exactly, but I have found the only way to stop myself doing this is to have routine. To HAVE to get up to do something, go to the gym in the morning or something similar. I find this only really works for me when I feel I would be letting others down if I don't do the things I am meant to.

Drizzle Kid said...

I had a similar conversation with my housemate last night. It was all about consistency and momentum. Even if you are only moving at 50% of your potential - at least you are consistent and you have to possibility of improving.