Labyrinth of Alley Ways


When walking home, I always feel more comfortable in our little maze of alley ways on our estate than on the big straight roads. Why?

Well, by constantly turning corners and there being multiple ways to go - you have options. You can choose to turn off. There are multiple routes to go down and if you do get surprised there are other alley ways to turn down.

When walking down a straight road with no turn off points, I always feel like I'm leaving my back exposed.

I know that this is a slightly paranoid way to look at it. But there just is something with walking down a straight road, with no connecting alley ways that makes me feel claustrophobic.

Probably the same thing that makes me feel claustrophobic in the open fields of the country side. If I have to choose between:

An open field and a forest
A forest

A straight road or a maze of alley ways
Alley ways

How do you feel if you had to make the choice?

Share this:

CONVERSATION

2 comments :

Freekandela said...

Hi, I am Chrysoula from Greece. I have been attending your blog for some months now and I have to tell you that it's SO SO SO pleasant for me, with all these small comments about your days and things that make you wonder....

I just wanted to share it with you, I will not bother you any further with comments.
Be as you are, reflecting on things most people never notice!

Be well...

Drizzle Kid said...

Hi Chrysoula! Thank you for your lovely comment. Feel free to post comments if you like. Comments don't bother me! I really makes me happy to hear that someone appreciates the content I'm putting out there.