Shopping on Oxford Street

So I went shopping the other day on Oxford Street and I must say as much as it is very touristy it is still a wired one...

The frenzy in the shops
The most common example is Primark, even if when you go on off peak times it is still horrible. There are so many people and the queue to the fitting rooms is ridiculous. It is to the point where when I go, I don't bother to try things on. Mostly because it would take me 30 minutes to go to the changing room and partly because things are so cheap. If it doesn't fit alright you can always give it away to charity.

Energy levels
One thing that is good about the stress of Oxford street is that it completely drains you. You will end up making very tough decisions. "I really do not want to walk another 2 blocks, so I really do not need to buy that necklace" So in a way going there to do shopping really makes you save money. Once you are there you will make some cut throat decision in regards to what you really need - because you really just wanted to get out of there.

Characters
You will inevitably meets some strong and well, let's say unique persons when you walk down Oxford Street. This time I met a slight disheveled looking woman selling what looked like dried up branches of thyme, wrapped around the stem in foil to imitate the look of a bouquet of roses.

The ones taking up the whole pavement
I nearly walked into a woman crouched down to tie her 16 year old boys shoelaces, which was very odd. To be honest he may have had some kind of medical condition and was in need of her assistance. So I will not go hard on her. However, one of my pet peeves is tourists/stupid Londoners that think that there is no one walking behind them. If you wanted to stop to look at the buildings/talk to each other/play with your phone - then walked to the side of the pavement. Don't stop in the middle of it blocking up it for everyone else causing congestion!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments :