Friendly Dinner - Dinner 'Date'

So a while back I was out to dinner with a friend of mine. In my eyes it was strictly a friendly meal but as the night progressed I realised that this was not the case from his perspective - the big question is: 

How do you know?

I pretty much ended up on a double date and from this an intense and alcohol-fuled night was the result.

I know I'm at fault as well - being fairly naive in these situations never really considering how it is perceived from the other person's point of view before I'm actually in a position where I can't ignore it anymore.

It's hard, finding friends and reading social situations. Even more so in London where social perceptions from a myriad of cultures are mixed up into a melting pot of potentially miss-read situations.

Personally, I struggle with this as I really dislike guys and girl who:
As soon as someone from the opposite sex as much as exchanges a few sentences of pleasantries with them goes: "My boyfriend/girlfriends thinks/says/does.."
It is so forced and arrogant. Just because you are in a relationship does not mean that every single person that talks to you is coming on to you.

In the case of the friendly dinner that turned out be more of a romantic intent from this friend of mine. He never once said it was date, never made his intentions clear prior to this. If he did, then obviously my powers of deduction are extremely poor in combination with his hints being extremely subtle.

Hopefully, we can move on from this and genuinely be friends. However, I guess that the ball is in his court.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments :