How to stay professional

 After a client meeting my manager and I were taking the tube to towards the same direction. I was going back to the office and he was going to a major record label for meeting.

I asked him if was going to a specific office - trying to show off my little knowledge about the ins and outs of this major label. He responded by asking if I had been there. I confirmed that I a few months ago had been there for an unsuccessful interview for their digital department.

Sticky Situation


So I end up having to make a small but still trying light-hearted justification of why previous experience wasn't right for that job but right for position he hired me for. Yeez...

Not the most successful conversation.

It poses an interesting question - sometime when you work closely with someone who is boss and have very comfortable relationship you can end up revealing things you would never say if to your boss if you're relationship was strictly formal.

The ever lasting question of how to stay professional.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments :