Trouble

This song Trubbel (Trouble), is in my favorite version sung by the popular Swedish singer Håkan Hellström. I've decided to translate it for you because it's a lovely song that describes spring as well as heart ache. When I listen to this song I think of spring, blue sky with white fluffy clouds and flowers just about to bloom. Please understand that I'm trying to translate it as accurate and appropriate as possible and will not translate it word for word.


The meadows are glowing with all the summer flowers.
Bees are buzzing and birds are singing everywhere.
And the wind is breezing through the treetops
but in my garden everything is withered, dark and cold.
In here it is scrubby and overgrown, ugly and brushy
and almost as dull and grey as it is within my chest.
Out there it is smelling sweetly by all the smells of summer
Out there it is summer, but here inside it is autumn.

I lived happily here with you and my cats
a life in sin and without any care for being saved.
Reconciled with my character, because I have never
been able to decline anything at all.
And never denying myself the one or the other
and living life, until one day I was crushed.
It begun when you betrayed me for another,
one that you told me, was far more beautiful than I.

Our argument took weeks, shouts blended with the crying
and I was thoroughly compared to your fine friend
Until you confessed that he had dumped you
And it became dead silent here in the garden again!
From that moment that man became hated in two senses
He had played with you, with us for a while
And I, I felt like I as well was rejected
I wished to fight, and went towards the defeat of my life

I had the hammer ready under my jacket
When he walked out dressed in a silk scarf and said: "Good day!
Come on in and sit down so that we will be able to talk."
I only stuttered, but now I don't even remembered what I said...
And I was offered cognac and cigars
and I could not get myself to refuse
and when we parted we were best friends and in confidence with each other
and I brought things you had forgotten back to your house!

I am walking around in my Pompey, amongst the ruins
and I am stepping on the scraps of our life
But you should never again tease me about the past
and you should never be someone else´s pastime
No, for the old ones we shall tie garlands of flowers
and take our life and my cats for what they are.
and despite all the lack of love and thorniness and the fringes
I shall love you until the end of my life, you are the one I love.


Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments :