Lunch vs. outfit

I don't know if this is just me and my crazy thoughts/routines.
I work at an office in the central part of town and since it's got such a good location, it's more a rule than an exception that we go out and eat lunch at one of vast and varied range of lunch restaurants that are within a walking distance from the office.

As we all know different restaurants attract different groups of people. I have lately realized that I am effected by how I look and how I feel when I pick where to have lunch.
If I feel like I've got pretty cloths on and are happy I'll go to the hipster place where everyone is always extremely well dressed.
If I feel sophisticated and got an outfit to match I'll got to the bistro where all the mid 30's have their business lunches.
If I feel hangover, sick or have a bad hair day I would rather go and have a take away or sushi.
If I feel like I want to sit and chit chat with someone rolled up in a blanket I'll pick a cafe.

If I'm forced to pick a place to eat lunch where I don't feel comfortable that particular day due to what outfit I have on or how I feel, it gets me extremely annoyed. Not annoyed in a way that I would express it to anyone but in the way that I feel out of place or think that people are going to look down on me, if for example I'm in the business lunch bistro wearing hipster cloths and high top rebooks.

Is this just me or does someone recognize this behavior?

Share this:

CONVERSATION

2 comments :

Jim said...

Your lunch hour is varied so perhaps the routine is broken up and every day is a different experience, I'd look forward to that change everyday!

Sisyphus said...

I am somewhat the same; I don't like feeling out of place because of the way I am dressed, though I would rather be slightly overdressed than the other side of the coin. Better to be dapper than shabby, I figure.

And definitely I want to be comfortable when I am eating; the act of eating should be a pleasure not a burden.