Rave

It's Friday today, the big Go-Out-On-A-Spin-Around-Town night. Tonight I'm going to try out something new. My first plan for the night was to have some friends over, drink some wine, chill out and listen to music. Perhaps go out to a indie club after that, if everyone was going to be up for it. Instead my friends (who do this on more regular basis) have decided to take me to a Super-Secret and Super-Illegal rave. Yes, you read right!

I have never been to a rave before, not even a legal one. This seems to be the perfect rave to start out with, the conversation between me and my friend went like this:

Friend: So we are going to this rave tomorrow. Are you SURE that you are up for it, Sanna? This is Not a beginners rave.

Me: You know me, I'm up for anything. I'm sure I can handle it. So where is this rave?

Friend: We don't know that yet.

Me: What do you mean by that? I'd like to check out the bus routes to make sure that I can leave whenever I'd like to.

Friend: Well... They keep the placement of the rave a secret until 2 hours before the rave begins. It's for security reasons, since this is pretty illegal.

Me: Right... That'll be fine. I'll just have to wing it with the bus routes, one always get's home somehow, someway.

Therefore this is rather exciting news, since it's going to be interesting to test the waters and see if raves really live up to all the cliches that people actually have about them. Will it be all pills and people dress in clothes solely from this shop? Or will it be happy people who just want to dance to some hard techno music?

I'll give a report as soon as I've gotten home from the rave and tell you all about it.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

4 comments :

Louis said...

I hope you'll have fun tonight. Try to behave, and if you can't, take pictures :)

Anonymous said...

"rave" sounds like a peculiar word for me. Maybe its just because I'm American. lol.

Hippoleetoe said...

That's so funny. I've been only to a legal one! Can't wait to hear how it went!

AD said...

Oh gosh.

Rave's are those massive dance clubs that involve ecstasy and LSD, with remix music and strobe lights, with people packed on the dance floor like sardines, right?

I'm with Mr. Puddle on this one. Lol.

I hope you had fun though, and you're safe!
:)