Spring in Gothenburg

Spring is on it's way to Gothenburg.
I've been feeling under the weather the last two days, so when I, went out to eat lunch with a colleague, looking pale and with a bad hair day it was a bit of a chock.
The first days of spring seem to be some kind of 'stating the territory' days in Gothenburg. As soon as you feel the first warm ray after a glimpse of the sun: It's like the spring outfits just start popping up like mushrooms. Too bad the spring outfits don't have delusional effects...
The spring outfits are pulled together by sunglasses, tights with shorts on top and blouses, all the outfits are topped off by spring shoes and long scarfs to fight the cold wind off.

This is not the sight you want to face when you are on the recovery side of a bad cold, dressed in winter clothes with a bad hair day. I couldn't even get into my favorite coffee place for some caffeine due to the hordes of hipster kids all dressed in spring outfits.

Yes, spring has arrived. Tomorrow I'll go to my coffee place 15 minutes early armed in a stunning spring outfit.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

2 comments :

Hippoleetoe said...

Its weird how seasons are different in other places. Here in california we don't really notice the weather change till summer

BunnyWizard said...

I like to call it mating season. I especially dislike the people who feel it getting slightly warmer, but still not quite spring, and just jump right into their shorts, tanktops, and flip flops. I just shake my head.