Time Management

It feels like my weeks fill up so quickly with things I have to do. Last night (Tuesday) one of my friends sent a text saying he was back in Gothenburg and wanted to hang out. I sent a text back and said " I might be able to meet up for a cup of coffee on Sunday afternoon". It's a bit crazy that this a normal week for me, on Tuesday all my time that week has been planned and filled up.

And still, my life now is much more low stress than what it was this autumn when I tried to manage a part time and a full time job, running my nightclub and studying 25 % of full time at Uni. Might I say it was crazy stressed and it did not do wonders for my health.

I think I've learnt a valuable lesson, you always have to make time for yourself. Downtime, when you can relax and just do what you feel for. Time with out pressure. Like this week, I've planned to just be by myself on Friday night, slouch in the couch and watch telly. Then I'm going to turn in for an early night.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

3 comments :

Jim said...

If you live in Los Angeles, you'd budget your time around the LA traffic, lol. If I get off work early and I'd like to go for a hike before sundown, will I make it to the Santa Monica Mountains Rec area with enough daylight accounting for traffic. If you work and live in the central city and your boy or girlfriend on the outskirts of LA, can you make it through rush hour traffic for dinner...or just a late night snack, lol. Will the new coming actor make it to their audition in Hollywood from the westside through unexpected crosstown traffic?

Anonymous said...

Hi! I don't think I could ever do what you did without collapsing. I get very stressed if I even go to school and have a job at the same time. So Kudos for you that you came out alive and sane!
Also, regarding your last entry, I take a yoga class too and I like it a lot. I'm not looking to lose weight but it keeps me somewhat active in an exercise way and it's also good for down time.

=]

Drizzle Kid said...

To Jim:
I'm sad to hear about LA traffic, but it's not really a secret it's been that way for a long time. The best advice I have is to try and use your time in the car to something useful listen to books read onto cds, or language courses on cd or prerecord/download podcasts/radioshows that interest you and listen to them!

To Courtney:
Thank you for the complement! At least I was smart enough to stop, if I'd continue to have that stressful life I'd probably break down. I've been to yoga before and I think it's nice to keep the body active and flexible but I don't think it's the most efficient way to lose weight/gain muscles.