I survived the first 48 hours!

I've started a new job - two days in and it is still a world whirling by like it's spinning in thousand miles an hour. Not even the 45 minutes on the commute has gotten me down yet - however these first two days I've managed to get in to work at 10am thus beating the worst of the rush traffic.

Day 1
I thought to myself:

"They are probably just being nice letting me start at 10am, ensuring that they will be in the office and ready for me by then"

Probably a correct assessment on the situation. The end of my first day was just around the corner - so I brought up this little thing called 'office hours'. They just shrugged their shoulders and said I have no set hours. It is up to me. This is a full quote:
"If you need to leave by 5 then leave by 5. If you are one of those people that can do all your work in half an hour good for you. It's all up to you as long as the work get's done.

Day 2
On my second day, I have my first big meeting as in an out of the office meeting - including people who work for a brand that we might be doing some cross-marketing activities with. The meeting was at 10am and far closer to where I live. No need to go to the other side of London before that meeting. So again I managed to not be stuck in the worst of rush hour in the tube - which everyone describes as a harrowing experience that may scar you for life.

Tomorrow I will try and make it to the office by 9am - thus probably hitting the worst of it. However I have been told that there is a sweet spot. If you catch the tube between 07.40 and 07.55 you should be fine. 10 minutes earlier and you might want to kill yourself because it is so so early and 10 minutes later  every single train is so clogged it feels like Tokyo.

I guess we will have to see....

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments :