The human evolution from technolohy


I've hear people discuss that our thumbs will be the next part of the human anatomy to evolve, seeing as we use them all of the time - as a part of the increased usage of mobile phones and smart phones. We are also more likely to create new injuries as part of using technology. I find my back and neck hurting when I work to much on my laptop. I'm sure we have all had our fair share of technology based injuries.

A few days ago walking home I found myself getting a small electric shock from my earphone. It shook me a little bit, as I haven't experience anything like that before.

Speaking about earphones: I listen to music in my earphones when I fall asleep, during the night, to and from work and during my workday as well. So I've realised that it is pretty much a 24/7 habit of mine. Sure I'm a bona fide music addict and that's fine. But what is it doing to my ears?

I think we have all ready news stories about the increase of Tinnitus in young people. We are actually damaging our ears from an early age with too loud music and too much of it. However, I read a Swedish article about a concert where the music was too loud - where they had done a study on how much if had effected the concert goers hearing and so forth. The study showed that those who enjoyed the music showed less signs of damage to their hearing than those who didn't love the music.

I keep holding onto this article when I get worried about what I might be doing to my ability to hear. Because there is no way I can wean myself off music or my overuse of earphones.


I guess this is just all part of the human evolution from technology.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments :